2014 Registrations Coming Soon
10K CHALLENGE RULES
To know more about the 10K Challenge, click here
- The 10K Challenge is open for participation only from teams fielded by registered companies (excluding Section 25 companies) and firms, and colleges/universities.
- A corporate team will comprise of 1 female and 2 male runners who are current full time employees of the company. A company can field a multiple of teams up to a maximum of 10 teams.
- A college/university team will comprise of either 3 all boys or 3 all girl runners, who are bonafide students of the respective college/university. A college/university can field up to 4 teams, a maximum of 2 all boys' teams and/or up to 2 all girls' teams.
- On race day, all three members of each team will run the full distance of 10 kms.
- The average of the net finish timings of all 3 runners will decide the finish positions amongst the companies and colleges respectively.
For the corporate teams, prize money winning positions will be awarded to the best one performing team of each participating company, depending upon
their standings in the overall finish positions. A company will stand a chance of winning only one position out of the top 5 prize money positions in this
race category, irrespective of their teams' overall standings.
For example, let's consider ABC has fielded 3 teams (ABC-1, ABC-2, ABC-3), EFG has 4 teams (EFG-1, EFG-2, EFG-3, EFG-4), HIK has one team, LMN has one team, PQR has 2 teams (PQR-1, PQR-2), and XYZ has 2 teams (XYZ-1, XYZ-2). On race day, based on aggregate net timings of each team, the finish positions of the teams is as under -
Finish Position Team Name 1 LMN 2 PQR-1 3 EFG-3 4 EFG-4 5 PQR-2 6 XYZ-2 7 XYZ-1 8 ABC-2 9 ABC-1 10 EFG-1 11 HIK
By virtue of the rule, the prize money winning positions will stand as under, where the best performing team of each company will win the prize money -
Finish Position Team Name 1 st LMN 2 nd PQR-1 3 rd EFG-3 4 th XYZ-2 5 th ABC-2
Final entitlement to prize money winning positions within the 10K Challenge is subject to -
- Chip timing of all team members having been captured across all timing points on the course, including at the start and finish mats, and
- Visual screening of runners' race day images after race day.
- Runners found to have interchanged their timing chip and/or their running number bib with others, shall be liable to be disqualified from the competition. Such runners shall not be entitled to any timing nor prize money.
- Prize money winning team members declared will be required to submit certified true copies of their photo identity proofs or any other document as may be required by the Promoters.
- Prize Money winnings are subject to Indian Income Tax Rules as applicable and taxes, if any, would be borne by the winner.
- Post verification, prize money of each winning team will be divided equally and remitted directly in the names of its team members.
- Race Results Committee's decision on rankings and entitlements of prize money will be final and binding on all.