Official Charity Partner
Bangalore Cares is a non-profit organization which believes in the NGO community and serves as a friend of the NGOs. The aim is to collaborate with NGOs, primarily in Karnataka. The activities are centered on information sharing, improving services, increasing NGO income and ensuring accountability - through collaborating with individuals and organizations who share the same aim.
Over the last ten years, Bangalore Cares has worked with over 250 NGOs. Using the platform of the World 10K Bangalore, in the last 5 editions, over 200 NGOs have raised more than INR 8 crore. Both, the well-established NGOs and the nascent, small one person run NGOs have been able to use this platform to raise valuable resources and make known their work to the society.
Bangalore Cares supports, encourages and promotes the work done by the participating NGOs. As Official NGO Partner, Bangalore Cares is responsible for:
- Registration of voluntary sector organizations to fund-raise through this event, by ensuring that required entry criteria are met by the organizations and necessary documentation is submitted
- Ensuring that information about registered organizations is available to the public both on this website, the official event website and on request
- Liaising between the promoters Procam International and the NGO Participants
- Providing necessary administrative support to Care Champions, Corporate Cares teams, iCare participants
- Trying and getting more people involved in the social sector by promoting the work done by the participating NGOs among companies and individuals in Bangalore.
- Fundraising training sessions for the NGOs participating to make the best use of this platform
- Following up with NGOs to make sure all donations receipts are disbursed and collecting utilization report for the funds raised, which is available to anyone on request.